Developing business in China from the UK & EU
While the rise of China is easy to acknowledge, businesses constantly need to catch up with the speed and depth of change and development in China’s large and complex market space.
Whether selling, trading, investing or franchising, China offers opportunities in abundance to UK companies, large or small.
Thinking about business with China?
We can help you towards a huge advantage – by speaking the language.
By using the top language worldwide for business other than English, Mandarin speakers can gain an advantage in doing business in China.
Mandarin is not just about speaking or writing – it also provides an important insight into business culture and practices.
- Mandarin, China’s official tongue, is also the top language worldwide for business other than English (according to Bloomberg Rankings.)
- Mandarin speakers can gain an advantage in doing business in China
- “Speaking the language confers a huge advantage”. “It gives you flexibility, knowledge that you need, and personal connections that can make a difference in the speed and effectiveness of your negotiations.” (according to Sloan School of Management, MIT )
Mandarin, the official tongue of the People’s Republic of China, is also the top language worldwide for business other than English (according to Bloomberg Rankings.) Mandarin is unlikely to supplant English soon as the primary language of business. However Mandarin speakers can gain an advantage in doing business in China
“It gives you flexibility, knowledge that you need, and personal connections that can make a difference in the speed and effectiveness of your negotiations.”
– according to Sloan School of Management, MIT
Valetime Group has been working in China for over 15 years with a local team of Mandarin and English speakers. They have experience of developing business within their knowledge of both Chinese and English business cultures.
- This experience is from working with US, British and European companies in arrangements from joint ventures through to basic trading activities. Their knowledge of the market and local contacts with both state and private enterprises could provide valuable assistance and introductions to your company. More importantly they understand the business methods of both countries and the need for probity in arrangements.
- Language ability in Mandarin Chinese is also the key to understanding the opportunities in China, appreciate local thinking about co-operation with UK companies and identifying steps for the development of trade links.
- Our team in China has access to many UK based skills that can be useful to any company from the UK looking to China for new business.
Valetime Group’s local team in China can:
- Assist you in preparing a plan for developing links with China
- Undertake research in opportunities for your product or service
- Locate and introduce potential local partners
- Highlight the key issues that will need to be addressed
Tell us if we can help
Just contact us with a brief introduction and we can send to our local offices to discover if there is synergy with our experience and your products or services.